Citation, in the online marketing context, could be described as a mention of a business on a webpage. Citations are one of the most important elements of every local SEO campaign, because the major search engines use them to determine the local popularity and trustworthiness of each of the competing search results for a specified search term. The more citations, and from the more established sources they are, the better. In a perfect world, all citations for a business would include correct and up-to-date information. Unfortunately, in reality, the business information across the web (citations) is frequently inaccurate and outdated. Some of the main causes of such inconsistencies are:
- Change of business name in the past;
- Moving of the business to a new location;
- Usage of a new phone number, or usage of many phone numbers for business purposes;
- Usage of virtual office locations;
- Usage of call-tracking phone numbers.
If any of the above mentioned corresponds to your business, our Citations Audit service might be a good fit for your needs.
What the Audit Includes
- Research and discovery of all existing listings for a business, including listings featuring outdated or incorrect information, and duplicate listings
- Specific strategy and instructions on how to perform the citations clean-up
- Research of missed opportunities and recommendations for addition of more, relevant citations
- Complete NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) report for each citation
Our process involves deep research work, which is divided in two main steps:
1) Semi-automatic research part
In this part of the process, we use high quality software to discover existing citations. In the majority of the cases during this step at least 80% of all citations are discovered. However, due to the limitations of technology we also perform a manual check
2) Manual double-check part
After the first part of the process is completed, the second part involves manual checking for missed citations. This second step ensures that at least 95% of all existing citations for a business are discovered.
After the initial research process, aditional competitive research is done in an attempt to find missed opportunities.
At the end, all the information is compiled in a flexible report, which could easily be reshuffled depending on the specific needs.
The cost of our Citation Audit service is US$150. This includes 3-6 hours of research work performed personally by Nyagoslav Zhekov, together with a professional report, including all the discovered information. The delivery time is up to 5 working days from the date of the order.
Place your order now using the button above, or contact us using one of the following means:
Phone: (+1) 347-535-4535