We already have an FAQ page for our citation building service on our site, but I felt there are some more general questions that do not fit into that page, and would be better off discussed in a post form. I share the questions in order of frequency of poppingup-ness (if there is such a word):
1) Do you verify the information I am sending to you?
Yes! We always check what you are sending to us in terms of information. Some of the most common mistakes we face are:
– business name is not the one that is most frequently used online
– categories are simply keywords (such as “helicopter” or “Las Vegas”), rather than phrases that explain what your business is (such as “helicopter flights”, “personal injury attorney”, etc.)
2) Why do you NOT offer citation building for more than 100 citations?
The most important reason is that in the vast majority of the cases doing over 100 citations via creating business listing profiles is an overkill. The high quality business directories in the United States are 50-60, and there are around the same number mid-quality business directories. These numbers are lower for other countries. Additionally, there are very rarely businesses that do have more than 100 citations coming from business listing profiles. Those with more usually get them from non-traditional citation sources, such as online newspaper/magazine articles, event websites, sponsoring, etc.
3) How do you deal with businesses that use home address as their business address?
If you are really worried about your home address showing up publicly anywhere, we try to hide it whenever possible. Most of the “big” business directories allow this. Some of the “smaller” ones do not, but their overall traffic is insignificantly small and the chances for a real customer knocking on your door after discovering your address on some of these is minimal.
4) I moved to a new office, can you help me?
You bet! While you have no problems with us, you might be having some problems with Google. However, we have very positive history of helping companies update their address everywhere across the web, which also helps when it comes to changing the address on Google+ Local.
5) Will you be able to edit all my listings?
While we always do our best to fix all listings, in some cases it is just impossible. There are websites, which “scrape” business information from other sites. These websites are usually not being managed by anyone and there is no way to contact their owner. Additionally, there are some websites that simply lack the functionality of removing business listings, because the data is coming from a third-party. Altogether, these websites usually represent not more than 10% of the citations for a business.
6) Do you offer citation building for my type of business?
Very probably YES. We have done citation building for over 50 different types of businesses spanning from bankruptcy lawyers to film production companies. Our clients include companies from United States (every state), Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, Holland, Spain, Germany, Sweden.
7) Do you offer citation building strategies, other than submitting to business directories?
We do offer this as part of our local SEO service. However, due to its specifics, we do not offer citation building strategizing as a stand-alone service.
8) What is the advantage of your service over me doing it by myself (business owner) or us doing it in-house (large company or a marketing agency)?
The biggest advantage is our experience, as well as the cost effectiveness of our service. The two things are actually interconnected – our experience allows us to reduce the time it takes us to make sure we offer highest quality citation building, thus lowering the overall price. We do everything in-house and we do not outsource to sub-contractors in other countries.
9) Do you offer citation building for businesses with many locations?
Absolutely! We have completed projects for national companies with hundreds of locations.
10) Do you offer citation building for Apple Maps?
Apple Maps does not actually use citations as a ranking factor. As long as you are listed on the main data providers for Apple Maps you would be fine. These include Yelp, Localeze, Acxiom, so in this sense we do offer some sort of “citation building” for Apple Maps.
11) We are a doctor/dentist practice and we all use the same address and phone number. What would you recommend?
I would recommend that you go with citation building for both the practice, and each of the practitioners. Check my reasoning and methodology here.
12) I have some listings that do not feature my suite number in the address. Would you fix these for me?
We would be happy to help you if this really means a lot to you. However, if you want to do this just because you are worried that not all of your listings feature absolutely the same information which could harm your rankings – don’t. Mike Blumenthal laid out “why” pretty well here.
If you think you don’t see something that might be of interest unanswered, please, let me know.